ROCK HILL, South Carolina, January 14, 2016 – 3D Systems (NYSE:DDD) announced today that it will display its full range of healthcare solutions at the International Meeting on Simulation in Healthcare (IMSH) 2016 in San Diego, CA, January 16-20, booth 415. Featured products will include 3D printers, printed anatomical models and the company's comprehensive suite of training simulators.
3D Systems' advanced training simulators provide medical professionals the opportunity to obtain skills and practice full procedures in the widest range of medical specialties. The newest product developments, which will be available for hands-on experience at IMSH 2016, include:
- Team training modules for Robotic Prostatectomy, combining the RobitiX Mentor™ and LAP Mentor™ Express, and Hysterectomy, combining the LAP Mentor and the LAP Mentor Express. In these simulation combinations, the surgeon and surgical assistant actively affect and interact with the simulated environment just as they would in real-life patient procedures.
- Comprehensive ultrasound modules, including trans-thoracic echocardiography (TTE) evaluation with advanced diagnostic tools and automatic measurements.
- Female ultrasound modules, including transabdominal and transvaginal scanning on pregnant and non-pregnant women, with both routine and emergency procedures. Pregnancy ultrasound simulations include scans for normal fetuses, as well as a variety of fetal anomalies. Click here to see a video of the OB First Trimester training module.
- Gastroenterology tools, including the GI-BRONCH Mentor™ GI Endoscopy – Fundamental Skills module (EFS), designed to provide trainees with knowledge and technical competence in GI Flexible Endoscopy essentials as prescribed by the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES).
- ANGIO Mentor modules for cardiovascular training with new real-time radiation monitoring based on factors such as C-arm projection, fluoroscopy time, magnification and more.
- Cardiothoracic training with the VATS Lobectomy module on the LAP Mentor™, enabling the practice of complicated procedure steps with a guided case for beginners and free-hand case for experienced practitioners.
- BRONCH Express portable desktop simulator for bronchoscopy training and qualification, co-developed with the American College of Chest Physicians to answer the need for affordable hands-on training for Endobronchial Ultrasound – Transbronchial Needle Aspiration (EBUS-TBNA).
3D Systems' healthcare offerings are designed to enhance quality of healthcare and quality of life through the use of 3D technologies. The company's portfolio of solutions range from Virtual Surgical Planning® (VSP) and simulation to 3D printed models, instruments and implants for patient-specific care.
"The role of 3D technology in healthcare is expanding at a tremendous rate to meet the existing needs of practitioners, students, and patients, as well as to test new frontiers in training and treatment,” said Kevin McAlea, Chief Operating Officer, Healthcare, 3D Systems. "Our extensive and growing offering of physical and virtual 3D healthcare solutions provides the means and skills for medical professionals to help overcome today's challenges and advance the future of care.”
Sobre a 3D Systems
3D Systems provides advanced and comprehensive 3D digital design and fabrication solutions, including 3D printers, print materials and custom-designed parts. Its powerful ecosystem transforms entire industries by empowering users to bring their ideas to life using its vast material selection, including plastics, elastomers, metals and bio-compatible materials. 3D Systems' leading personalized medicine capabilities include end-to-end simulation, training and planning, and printing of patient-specific surgical instruments and medical and dental devices. Its 3D digital design, fabrication and inspection products provide seamless interoperability and incorporate the latest immersive computing technologies. 3D Systems' products and services disrupt traditional methods, deliver improved results and empower its customers to manufacture the future now.
More information on the company is available at www.3dsystems.com