Automation and Integrated Post-Processing
Figure 4 Production is a customized, integrated digital manufacturing solution with an end-to-end digital workflow supported by 3D systems software. Figure 4 Production features up to 15 times faster print speeds than other 3D printing technologies, automated material handling, and integrated post-processing, such as washing, drying and curing, to reduce manual processes and facilitate automation for high volume production.
The combination of speed and accuracy complemented by a light-based UV curing process that takes minutes vs. hours with heat-based curing processes, yields the world’s fastest additive manufacturing throughput and time-to-part. Recent data highlights Figure 4 Production part print speeds up to 65 mm/hour, and prototyping speeds of up to 100 mm/hour, and part accuracy and Six Sigma repeatability (Cpk > 2) across all materials.
Broad Range of Materials
The broad range of materials for Figure 4 Production includes over 30 materials:
- Figure 4 RGD-BLK 10 is a durable material for rigid, load bearing applications, as well as production parts for automotive and durable goods applications.
- Figure 4 RGD-GRY 10 is a high speed material for rapid design iterations providing up to 100 mm/hour build speed.
- Figure 4 RGD-GRY 15 is a strong, rigid material for production applications.
- Figure 4 ELAST-BLK is an elastomeric, black material ideal for iteration and design verification of flexible parts.
- Figure 4 JCST-GRN is castable green material optimized for investment casting of jewelry patterns.
Figure 4 Production is compatible with 3D Systems’ entire portfolio of NextDent™ resins to facilitate full customization of dental devices, as well as an Orthodontic Tooling resin. Figure 4 Production customers also have the option of collaborating with 3D Systems’ engineers to create unique resins specifically designed for their application.